Skip to main content

Mesh MashUP : HD Renders

 

     In this weeks project students were tasked in creating 6 HD renders of their mesh models using Rhino 7. Compared to last weeks project I utilized image textures to generate a somewhat more cinematic rendering, rhino offered a bolder material rendering so I had change most of them using preset options in the suite. 

                           Last weeks material exploration (in Blender).


Rhino had a different but rather robust approach to simulating materials. I wasn't too familiar with the options and how to manipulate them. I mainly used "Plastic" option because it allowed me to  manipulate Reflections, Transparency, and Polish of the material and how light affects it. 

Below are HD renders of the object "Helping Hands Bottle Opener"  there's a few renders with different types of lighting. It was a fun project, but it also gave me an idea on how hardware and resource expensive 3d rendering is( took an ample amount of time to render).

                           
                                                                    3-point  lighting
                           


Base 3/4 point light


Spotlight + Ambient



Front View

Side View

Top View










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PO1: The Bespoke Object, Refining.

Week 2:  I pretty much spent the entire week modifying the model. Mostly to make it usable for patterning, and maybe to also have it ready for animation, but I might take a different route on that. It was possible to just use the draft model, but working from experience anything that is curved on an inflatable would have a tendency to straighten. Because air volume inside the soft structure would have a tendency to push on all directions. To mitigate this, I instead opted for a flatter structure that resembles a crocodile more than a salamander. I do appreciate the whimsy of the initial draft.   Tools Used: Nomad Sculpt, Blender, Rhino, Cozy Blanket. When designing models I tend to jump between software, Its easier to design soft and organic structures using mesh based modelling or sculpting. And I happen to have a variety of choices to choose from, each with a with a specific strength but none can do it best.  Below is my workflow on Nomad Sculpt which is an I...

Interactive Circuit: LED Panner

 MADT 304 week 2: In this week we where tasked with wiring up an interactive circuit that can control multiple LEDs.  Class discussion also introduced the use of "if" statements which allow the use of Boolean logical  operators(>/</>=/<=/==/&&) in order to filter data flow or command events. Using a Potentiometer and mapping out thresholds with if  statements we can pan LEDs.  Code :                                              float potMapped; void setup() { // put your setup code here, to run once: Serial.begin(9600); pinMode(8, OUTPUT); pinMode(10, OUTPUT); pinMode(11, OUTPUT); pinMode(12, OUTPUT); pinMode(13, OUTPUT); } void loop() { // put your main code here, to run repeatedly: potMapped = map(analogRead(A1), 0, 1023, 0, 255); if (analogRead(A1) >= 0 && analogRead(A1) = 250 && analogRead(A1) 420 && ...

Relay Circuit: Arduino + Lamp

  Simple Relay circuit made for Arduino to control a lamp with a photocell. It uses a simple digital pin out to send a signal to trigger the relay and power on the lamp. Its similar to the blink setup code but instead of a small LED you are controlling another object with a larger voltage.