Skip to main content

Paper Craft Objects: DIGITAL SAMPLES

In week 5 of Object Design-100, students have been tasked with utilizing papercraft to recreate objects. This process involves the use of Rhino 7 to develop 3d models and unwrapping them to create the cutting template for the paper sculpture. 


I have chosen kitchen objects for this assignment, specifically ones with an easier design since I'm still learning Rhinos UI. Cooking is a huge hobby of mine, its a rather religious process for me to partake in the creation of food and beverage. So here are some things found in my kitchen both used a lot or avoided for certain reasons.


1.) Kettle




2.) Microwave-oven




(had incredible difficulty unwrapping a cylinder such as the plate so I swapped it to a hexagon.)




3.) Water Filter



(I had considerable difficulty flattening this one).





4. Cooking Pan









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PO1: The Bespoke Object, Refining.

Week 2:  I pretty much spent the entire week modifying the model. Mostly to make it usable for patterning, and maybe to also have it ready for animation, but I might take a different route on that. It was possible to just use the draft model, but working from experience anything that is curved on an inflatable would have a tendency to straighten. Because air volume inside the soft structure would have a tendency to push on all directions. To mitigate this, I instead opted for a flatter structure that resembles a crocodile more than a salamander. I do appreciate the whimsy of the initial draft.   Tools Used: Nomad Sculpt, Blender, Rhino, Cozy Blanket. When designing models I tend to jump between software, Its easier to design soft and organic structures using mesh based modelling or sculpting. And I happen to have a variety of choices to choose from, each with a with a specific strength but none can do it best.  Below is my workflow on Nomad Sculpt which is an I...

Interactive Circuit: LED Panner

 MADT 304 week 2: In this week we where tasked with wiring up an interactive circuit that can control multiple LEDs.  Class discussion also introduced the use of "if" statements which allow the use of Boolean logical  operators(>/</>=/<=/==/&&) in order to filter data flow or command events. Using a Potentiometer and mapping out thresholds with if  statements we can pan LEDs.  Code :                                              float potMapped; void setup() { // put your setup code here, to run once: Serial.begin(9600); pinMode(8, OUTPUT); pinMode(10, OUTPUT); pinMode(11, OUTPUT); pinMode(12, OUTPUT); pinMode(13, OUTPUT); } void loop() { // put your main code here, to run repeatedly: potMapped = map(analogRead(A1), 0, 1023, 0, 255); if (analogRead(A1) >= 0 && analogRead(A1) = 250 && analogRead(A1) 420 && ...

BLINK: Arduino

  Intro assignment for MADT 304   We make a LED blink, using a simple program directly from the Arduino.  Wiring Hookup: Output from PIN9 and 5v power and ground directly from the controller.  Code                                                int led = 9; void setup() { pinMode(led,OUTPUT); } void loop() { digitalWrite(led,HIGH); delay(500); digitalWrite(led,LOW); delay(500); }