Skip to main content

Interactive Circuit: LED Panner

 MADT 304 week 2:


In this week we where tasked with wiring up an interactive circuit that can control multiple LEDs. 

Class discussion also introduced the use of "if" statements which allow the use of Boolean logical  operators(>/</>=/<=/==/&&) in order to filter data flow or command events.



Using a Potentiometer and mapping out thresholds with if statements we can pan LEDs. 






Code :
                                            



I noticed something unusual if the " digitalWrite(pin#,LOW); " are all setup on an "else" statement. We can still pan the LED lights but somehow full power is only enabled on the last light in the circuit. 

must be a syntax issue but it sounds Logical to shutdown all lights when parameters aren't met. (see video below and code).



 


                                          


I can see this type of circuit to be utilized for controlling many things, Connecting an analog variable switch(potentiometer) allows the user to physically interact with the electric circuit. Controlling not just the LED lights but anything wired into the Arduino. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PO1: The Bespoke Object, Refining.

Week 2:  I pretty much spent the entire week modifying the model. Mostly to make it usable for patterning, and maybe to also have it ready for animation, but I might take a different route on that. It was possible to just use the draft model, but working from experience anything that is curved on an inflatable would have a tendency to straighten. Because air volume inside the soft structure would have a tendency to push on all directions. To mitigate this, I instead opted for a flatter structure that resembles a crocodile more than a salamander. I do appreciate the whimsy of the initial draft.   Tools Used: Nomad Sculpt, Blender, Rhino, Cozy Blanket. When designing models I tend to jump between software, Its easier to design soft and organic structures using mesh based modelling or sculpting. And I happen to have a variety of choices to choose from, each with a with a specific strength but none can do it best.  Below is my workflow on Nomad Sculpt which is an I...

BLINK: Arduino

  Intro assignment for MADT 304   We make a LED blink, using a simple program directly from the Arduino.  Wiring Hookup: Output from PIN9 and 5v power and ground directly from the controller.  Code                                                int led = 9; void setup() { pinMode(led,OUTPUT); } void loop() { digitalWrite(led,HIGH); delay(500); digitalWrite(led,LOW); delay(500); }